Started by Admin, November 11, 2018, 08:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 17:39:38 -0500
Subject: NARA November Meeting
To: "Mathews, Weldon K8NQ" <[email protected]>

Hi Folks,

The NARA meeting is this Saturday, November 17, at the Red Cross building, 145 South 30th Street, Newark, starting at 6:00 PM.

Our program for this month will be on Digital Modes included in the WSJT-X umbrella, presented by Eldon Peterson W5UHQ. In particular, the new FT8 has been enthusiastically embraced by DX Expeditions and it
is important for the modern DXer to learn how to be successful using this mode. Eldon will present a step by step how to get up and running using WSJT-X and in particular FT8.  If you load the program before hand, be sure to go to the official web site http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx.html
of its originator, Joe Taylor K1JT.

This program will be a joint effort between NARA and COOKEN, since the material is of interest to both groups.

I'm attaching a draft copy of the minutes for the last meeting.   We'll have a couple of printed copies of the minutes at the meeting.  Please let me know of any corrections that need to be made.

I also am attaching a copy of a note from Nik Almstedt W8EDT as a follow-up to the discussion we had at the last meeting about Radio Orienteering.  Note in particular that they are planning a special event on Saturday, December 1 to help hams learn about this sport.

Weldon K8NQ