NARA November 2018 Meeting Minutes

Started by Admin, December 16, 2018, 12:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Hi Folks,

The NARA meeting is this Saturday, December 15, at the Red Cross building, 145 South 30th Street, Newark, starting at 6:00 PM.

For our program this month, Tom Holmes N8ZM from the Dayton area will be here to tell us what he does in VHF/UHF contesting. Tom is passionate about that, and has a sophisticated contest station he will tell us about. Every ham, no matter what his or her license class, has VHF and UHF privileges and can participate in contests, either on a casual or competitive basis. Learn what VHF/UHF contesting is about and maybe you'd like to try getting on the air next time there's a VHF/UHF contest. Hint: antennas are small and inexpensive compared to HF, and they don't have to be as high to be effective at DX!
I'm attaching a draft copy of the minutes for the last meeting.   We'll have a couple of printed copies of the minutes at the meeting.  Please let me know of any corrections that need to be made.

FCC Registration, CORES changes:  The current FCC system will be retired on March 1, 2019.  You will need to register on the updated version of CORES to conduct edit your FCC license information.  Here's the link to get started.  Your new FCC account will send you an email for verification.  As I understand it, you will also have to link your current FCC Registration Number (FRN) to your CORES account.  Just follow the instructions on their web page.

Elections for 2019:  This will be election night for choosing the leaders for next year.  Please join us for these important decisions.  Mary Beth and I have enjoyed and appreciated your help over the past thee years, but feel it is now time for new leadership in our roles as President and Secretary.

Weldon K8NQ