Mission and Purpose
The mission of this Association is to:
- foster and promote the hobby of Amateur Radio,
- provide repeater systems for the Amateur Radio community,
- provide public service and emergency communications when needed,
- provide education for licensing, and
- provide a forum for members to meet and exchange information, share experiences, and socialize with one another.
Formation and Status
The Newark Amateur Radio Association (NARA) was formed prior to October 1969 and became affiliated with the American Radio Relay League on October 31, 1969.
NARA was incorporated as a 501c7 Not-For-Profit corporation on November 13, 1978 and has subsequently was classified as a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization on July 12, 2016.
Newark Amateur Radio Association is an ARRL Affiliated club.
Specialties: Contesting, Digital Modes, DX, General Interest, Public Service/Emergency, Repeaters, VHF/UHF
Services: Entry-Level License Classes, General or Higher License Classes, License Test Sessions, Mentoring, Repeaters
Section: NARA is a member of the ARRL Ohio Section